- What action or actions did you take this year even though it was difficult to do so?
- Who is better off than they would have been had they not had you around this year?
- When were you brave, kind, and strong this year?
- When did you embody any other positive traits this year?
- What progress did you make towards any goals you had in mind this year?
These were for an etsy customer who is also a dear friend, of his 2 grandchildren:
There's a store on 39th between 7th & 8th that always has a "going out of business -- everything drastically reduced!" sign in the window. I used to walk past it as a silent protest against dishonest advertising. Then a few weeks ago I figured I'd check it out and wouldn't you know, the prices were incredibly cheap -- even if the impending closure was a ruse to draw customers! I saw some knits in gorgeous colors that really looked like sweater material (and which the salesperson said were 100% cotton, although I have my doubts) for $4 a yard. No, I am not kidding! I bought some in pink and purple and made a sweater and a dress! No pattern, just improvised using my measurements.
And finally, since Tucker kept coming home from school with one mitten (having left the house with 2), I made him a cozy red fleece pair attached by a red grosgrain ribbon that looped through his sleeves.